Drone Podcast 075 - Boris Brenecki
Many thanks to Lukas Stern for his awesome set!
For our next addition to the Drone family, we're truly proud we got this Techno Minded Hero.
Why ? Well, He got 60+ Release's on many respected labels like Shadow Story, Ad Noiseam, Mord Records, Inner Surface Music, Darkfloor Sound, Combat Recordings, Overdraw, Photon Emissions, RDL47 Records, Duality, Violet Poison and more under many different aliases as Ontal with Darko Kolar, Impulse Controls with Blush Response, Figure-Ground with Alexander Church of Dronelock, Boris Noiz, Lost in the Sound.
He recently moved to new york to focus on his new project under his own name. With this project, he already got a well-received EP on New York Trax, the leading track titled ÒThe OvenÓ, with its dirty funk and relentless groove it's a serious candidate for an all-time classic. And as the skillful DJ, he is, he is already racking up some gig's in New York scene with one upcoming this Friday at The Black Hole in The Gate, New York.
Connecting the dots between the past and present, he seems to have a clear vision of what the future of electronic music should be, and we are very happy to have him on the Drone Podcast No.075: Boris Brenecki
01. Exhausted Modern - Free From Posessions (Eidetic)
02. BNK010 - B1 (Bank)
03. The Vox - Stay Silent (M.W. Edit) (Arma)
04. I-F - The Men Who Won't Come Back (Quest Part 2) (Clone)
05. Nocturnal Emissions - Demon Circuits Bloodbath (Contort Yourself)
06. Morah - Arpyies (Vanila)
07. New Frames - Major And Minor Offences (Hands)
08. Tzusing - King Of Hosts (L.I.E.S.)
09. Phase Fatale - Wound (Unterton)
10. Mike Dunn - No Chaser (I Love Acid)
11. Gene Hunt - Scatter (Midnight Shift)
12. Paul Mac and Figure-Ground - Eightfold Path (Shadow Story)
13. John Heckle - Days Of Atlantis (I Love Acid)
14. Persian - Don't Deal Wid Violence (Poverty Is Violence)
15. Swarm Intelligence - Home Recording (Instruments Of Discipline)
16. Lot.te - Ultra Vires (New York Trax)
17. SC-164 - Disguise (Subapical)
18. Alavux - The 90's (Unreleased)
19. Gaja - Any Expectation (Repitch)
20. Eomac - Lair Of The Lich King (DSNT)
21. Gescom - Dan One (Skam)
22. Galaxian - Show Of Force (Repitch)
23. Low Entropy - Getting Old Schooled (AOC Records)
24. Scanone - Sahkil (FX remix) (Yellow Machines)
BORIS BRENECKI (also known as Ontal, Impulse Controls, Figure-Ground, Boris Noiz, Lost in the Sound)
With a total of 67 releases at the age of 30, Boris is one of the scene’s most knowledgeable young producers who has already left a mark on almost all of electronic music genres. As Ontal and Impulse Controls (the first with Darko Kolar and the latter with Blush Response), Boris produces an apocalyptic fusion of industrial and techno, with seminal releases on labels such as Mord, Noiztank, Amok Tapes, Ad Noiseam, Inner Surface Music and more. Figure-Ground, Boris’s project with Alexander Church of Dronelock, is an experimental take on IDM and breakbeat. Boris Noiz, the currently defunct alias under which he released his very first records on Yellow Machines and Combat Recordings to name a few, is well-known for twisted future hardcore rinse outs, orchestration and dextrous edits in an off-beat techno, breakbeat and electro setting. Finally, Lost in the Sound is Boris’ vision of oldschool house; it explores his love of jacking acid and the the deeper reflective sounds of Detroit and Chicago. As Boris Brenecki, he released the well-received EP on New York Trax; the leading track titled “The Oven”, with its dirty funk and relentless groove, is a serious candidate for an all-time classic. A talented and thoughtful producer and a skillful DJ, Boris defeats the notion that artists should stick to one idea or concept. Connecting the dots between the past and present, he seems to have a clear vision on what the future of electronic music should be. In conclusion, Boris is the most amazing recruit the New York scene could ever get.